Various online retailers claim for best Rx sunglasses. Users can buy regular sunnies or light adaptive sunglasses lenses that become dark in the outdoor light. But the good news is a user can apply a prescription for all lenses.
Some online stores request to upload hard copies of prescriptions acquiring appropriate power on their website. Besides, some offer vision tests to achieve the latest prescription for lenses. And some have tools to read users’ latest strengths from their current eyeglasses.
Many shoppers find it much more convenient for online shopping than the physical store because it is less costly. But some users find it hard to choose the perfect frame for their face during online shopping. Many online stores provide a try-on facility in which buyer upload their photo on their website to see which eyewear frame perfectly matches their face.
Some have extended return policies that give adequate time to select prescription sunglasses. Prescription sunglasses mix accurate prescription lenses with complete UV protection sunglasses. Before proceeding order process, make sure you have an updated prescription. With a comprehensive eye exam, an eye care professional can give you an accurate prescription. Once you get the appropriate lens power, you can order best prescription sunglasses from any renowned eyewear store.
Types of RX Sunglasses Lenses
The embedded lenses in prescription sunglasses can include certain materials and lens treatments. Every lens material has its own advantage and suits certain lifestyles, workplaces, and even personal choices. Add-ons and materials can be overwhelming for any users, but informed options can experience comfortable and safer lenses for an extended term.
Most widespread lens options contain:
- Trivex lenses
- Polycarbonate lenses material
- High-index lenses
- Polarized lenses
- Photochromic lenses
- Mirror lenses
- Gradient lenses
Apart from glass or regular plastic materials, there are three other well-known lens materials: high-index, Trivex, or polycarbonate lenses.
- Polycarbonate material is durable and impact resistant, which makes lenses an ideal choice for sports and other intense activities. Besides, they are 30% lighter than standard lenses.
- Trivex material is initially used for windshields of military helicopters because it is lightweight and durable. Trivex lenses provide a slightly distorted view than polycarbonate lenses.
But the drawbacks of Trivex and polycarbonate lenses are easily scratched. Therefore, you need to consider anti-scratch coating for the extended durability of lenses.
- High-index lenses are lightweight and thinner. Thus, they are a perfect option for a strong prescription for correcting farsightedness and nearsightedness. The best part of these lenses is that they easily bend light in multiple directions and need less material for correcting refractive errors.
However, lens material depends on which you require prescription sunglasses online. Photochromic, gradient, and polarized are further enhanced options for your Rx sunglasses frames.
- Polarized lenses are perfect options for removing glare. Thus, they are convenient options for people who spend maximum time close to the snow, water, or other reflective sources. Besides, when people want to participate in winter or summer water sports or drive comfortably on sunny days can get advantages from polarized sunglasses. But they can affect your digital screens and can make it difficult to view the devices displays, including:
- Dashboard of digital car
- Cell phones
- Photochromic lenses are named transition lenses, and their lenses become dark automatically when they face sunlight. Besides, they are a convenient option because you need to carry a single pair of specs than two different pairs of eyewear. The Rx sunglasses confirm you will get perfect vision, and harmful ultraviolet rays do not affect your eyes.
- Gradient lenses generally have dark shades in the upper area of lenses and become light at the bottom of the lenses. These lenses are an excellent option for removing glare in case of bright light and offer you a clear view. Therefore, these sunglasses lenses are a popular choice for driving, and the unshaded bottom part gives a clear view of your car dashboard. But remember, gradient lenses cannot replace polarized lenses because they don’t reduce glare built from snow or water surfaces.
How can Rx sunglasses protect eyes from ultraviolet rays?
Many people refer to UV and sunglasses as summer accessories. But ultraviolet rays are the same harmful in winter as well. Surprisingly, snow is 80% of sunlight. Thus, a pair of prescription sunglasses with UV protection is essential. Overexposure to ultraviolet rays can increase the threat of developing many vision issues:
- Solar retinopathy
- Eyelid melanoma
- Macular degeneration
Remember, these vision threats are riskier for children because their eyes are too sensitive to ultraviolet rays than adults.
Inexpensive Rx sunglasses brands at Eyeweb
However, many brick-and-mortar stores provide excellent Rx sunglasses with ultimate UV protection features. But online stores are more convenient because you can browse infinite options with just a few clicks from home comfort, and Eyeweb is a prominent name in the eyewear industry. It has various attractive styles, a lot of brands, and numerous lens options that conveniently fit all users’ tastes.
Eyeweb has exclusive designer sunglasses for women at discounted costs. Besides, it accepts vision insurance and FSA accounts that make it easier for the wearers to buy expensive branded sunglasses at affordable cost. This store has a wide range of frames that suit almost all prescriptions.
But some additional features like anti-reflect coating can price up the designer frame. It depends on users’ needs and branded frames they choose for prescription sunglasses that make price. But wearers can make it convenient while buying sunglasses frames from discounted offers.
Thus, Rx sunglasses are advantageous for the eyes, and Eyeweb is a convenient option for buying America’s best eyewear.